“You’re living at a time of extremism, a time of revolution, a time when there’s got to be a change. People in power have misused it, and now there has to be a change and a better world has to be built and the only way it’s going to be built is with extreme methods. And I for one will join in with anyone, I don’t care what color you are, as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this earth. Thank you.” Bookmark and Share Bookmark and Share



7.12.2009

Pray/Read the Scriptures--

Folks, this prayer model is something I've recently embodied, and it has blown my mind! I've never been a believer in scripted prayers or models, and was even skeptical when I came across this. This follows the basic ideology of 'teach us to pray' by simply praying the scriptures. We have to lay hold of His promise. Let's get it!

Here's an excerpt, for the full doc, scroll down:

To be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man… (Eph. 3:16)

F- Fear of God: Father, release the spirit of the fear of God into my heart. Release the lightning and thunder from Your Throne to strike my heart (Rev. 4:5) with Your majesty, that I might live in awe before You. Release Your presence and holy dread that makes me tremble before You. Unite my heart to your heart and Word and cause me to delight in the fear of God.

I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me. (Jer. 32:40)

The Lord…you shall hallow; let Him be your fear, and let Him be your dread. (Isa. 8:13)

Unite my heart (to Your heart and Word) to fear Your name. (Ps. 86:11)

His delight is in the fear of the LORD… (Isa. 11:3)

E- Endurance (patience): Father, strengthen my spirit with endurance that I may do Your will with zeal and diligence and that I not quit pursuing the deep things of God. Impart endurance for fasting. Direct my heart into the endurance in which Jesus walked. This is a prayer for strength to follow through in my commitments to God and to fulfill my ministry calling when it is difficult.

Being strengthened with all power…may have great endurance and patience… (Col. 1:11 NIV)

May the Lord direct your hearts into…the patience (endurance) of Christ. (2 Thes. 3:5)

It takes the power of God to not quit. If you do not quit in your fervent pursuit you win.

It was written, "Zeal for Thy house will consume me (Jesus)." (Jn. 2:17, NAS)

Zeal for Your house has eaten me (David) up…10 I wept and chastened my soul with fasting that became my reproach. 11 I made sackcloth my garment… (Ps. 69:9-11)

Lord, give me Your zeal as You gave it to Phineas.

Phinehas…was zealous with My zeal among them… (Num. 25:11)

L- Love: Father, pour out Your love into my heart by releasing the influences of the Spirit to give me revelation of Your love for me, that it may overflow in love back to You and to others.

The love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit... (Rom. 5:5)

I pray, that your love may abound still more…in knowledge and all discernment. (Phil. 1:9)

May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God… (2 Thes. 3:5)

Set Me (Jesus) as a seal on your heart…for love is as strong as death…its flames are flames of fire…7 Many waters cannot quench love, nor can floods drown it. (Song 8:6-7)

Father, impart Your love for Jesus in my heart (Jn. 17:26). I agree with Jesus’ prophecy (Mt. 22:37) to receive grace to love God with all my heart and soul and mind.

That the love with which You loved Me may be in them… (Jn. 17:26)


Thanks IHOP and M. Bickle!

Check out the full .doc file here

No comments: