“You’re living at a time of extremism, a time of revolution, a time when there’s got to be a change. People in power have misused it, and now there has to be a change and a better world has to be built and the only way it’s going to be built is with extreme methods. And I for one will join in with anyone, I don’t care what color you are, as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this earth. Thank you.” Bookmark and Share Bookmark and Share



12.31.2006

onething i have desired of the LORD

Well lovers and haters, I am currently in Kansas City, MO for the onething Conference. It's definitely been a roller coaster to remember. Spending the last days focusing on the Lord and things pertaining to the Spirit have been life changing. It seems that this conference will serve as a reference point; a moment of clarity, even a momument of sorts. Similiar to the BC/AD paradigm. Well, we'll see about that. Tonight is the last evening of the conference and although it's only been four days it feels like double; so much has been packed into a concise schedule.

At the core, this occasion has summoned a melange believers from across the globe. I believe 11,000 showed up. To me, that's a beautiful thing. To see the vibrance and heartbeat of Christians looking to further themselves is edifying. I've met a handful of people I'm going to keep in contact with, one of my aspirations in coming.

Although it bears my family, loved ones and earthly possessions, I loathe the thought returning to NYC. I long for the sense of community that accompanies the IHOP family. Who knows, I may end up here in the coming months.

Tonight the fellows and I will embark on a road trip back to Tennessee and ultimately back to NYC. One thing.

No comments: