“You’re living at a time of extremism, a time of revolution, a time when there’s got to be a change. People in power have misused it, and now there has to be a change and a better world has to be built and the only way it’s going to be built is with extreme methods. And I for one will join in with anyone, I don’t care what color you are, as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this earth. Thank you.” Bookmark and Share Bookmark and Share



10.20.2006

poem: evening commute

How vast and how effective you are in sapping young men of the vigor and stellar women of their beauty. You are as unto an unlikely parasite, gnawing away at what we thought we had left;
after all the hustle and bustle was done, ourselves.
You bite and chew and swallow that which we hold dear; o’ wretched workings of this intricate system. We are then left to only recall shadows of ourselves, like jaded paintings on the wall, simply hanging.

Oh time, how shall I know thee? How can I grasp thee with hopes of mastery?
I see a rising sun that sets on me as if I were its’ own. I am. Settled at placid bays that resonate sounds of our surroundings.

I belong to the day like it belongs to me. We are servants one to another, working that which seems expedient. How is it that a man can work all his life yet not have anything to show for its value, no met potential, just weariness and wrinkles to accompany his death bed. I shall find my path of truth and wisdom as a sojourner in search of freedom. I will find her and lay hold of her gently, while I ask her where she’s been all my life.

And then, I shall be free.

No comments: