“You’re living at a time of extremism, a time of revolution, a time when there’s got to be a change. People in power have misused it, and now there has to be a change and a better world has to be built and the only way it’s going to be built is with extreme methods. And I for one will join in with anyone, I don’t care what color you are, as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this earth. Thank you.” Bookmark and Share Bookmark and Share



10.01.2006

Colorway

para closure: TAC

Red letters that I see on my page; trying to recollect something, trying to represent something, trying to. Reasons for which, reasons to forget and understand that I found you in the first place. What is sought is found and somewhere beneath the blood stained page is you: crippled, alert and waning. You told me that I'd never find a love like you. I tried not to believe you.

I understood it when you cradled me and fast sleep was near, when I held off on tobacco and loose women. I was afraid to believe you for the chance you were right. In Solomon's voice I found you and reveled in your bosom. I found solace there, yet I sought refuge elsewhere: in the arms of intreprepidation; she knew me well. Perhaps better than you did. Who knows the bond our dark skin made in the night? This is the reason I have searched for you in quiet hours and roam like a man of dim light. To forget your darkness, to immerse myself deeper than you, or she, ought to search for me. Beneath sheetrock and poetry I lay waiting there like a virgin in anticipation. You knew me then.

I gave you that shiny locket and told you to rub it when you were afraid. I emphasized that it'd make our fears dissipate into the Northeast winds. You believed me for my ferverence. What if I had told you to forget and set aside rubbing and disaster for those other women? Would you not be distant these days? My prayer should have been for easy thoughts and summertime melodies.

For you I have cried tears that don't exist.

No comments: